Thank God for dads! I am grateful for my dad and for the example of other men who have modeled fatherhood throughout my life. Here are just a few of the reasons why I thank God for dads.
- Dads teach their children the faith. It’s a beautiful thing when men love the Lord and teach their children to love Him!
- Dads provide us with the discipline that we need to stay on the right path. There is nothing like the voice of your father to straighten you up.
- Dads protect their children from dangers, both real and imagined. They are defenders of the home and have been known to scare away whatever their child imagines to be hiding under the bed or in the closet.
- Dads model to their sons how to be men and fathers. With so much debate about what “real men” do and don’t do, it’s nice to have a dad who lives authentically every day.
- Dads show their daughters what to look for in a husband.
- Dads are examples to their child’s friends who don’t have the influence of a dad in their lives.