Below are some ideas for managing conflict within your marriage.
• Try to understand your partner’s feelings or perspective.
• Try to hear the positive in your partner’s message.
• Share your feelings with your partner.
• Brainstorm possible solutions.
• Even when you’re having problems in your marriage, keep a good relationship with your children.o Do things with your children that they enjoy.
• Show them love and affection. Give them a hug or a pat on the back.
• Tell them when they do things you like. Talk with your children about things that interest them and what they’re doing and feeling.
• Be available – whenever possible, stop what you’re doing so you can help, listen or talk.
Be clear with your children that they’re not the cause of your disagreements.
• Let them know that the issues aren’t about them & that the two of you are working on solutions.
• Continue to spend positive time with your children – remind them that you love them.
• Encourage your partner to maintain a positive relationship with your children.
• Don’t feel you have to tell your children what the issue is. Some problems are for adult ears only.
Article taken from the Parenting Research Centre
Minister Ross' creativity, wisdom, and insight have inspired community, church and corporate audiences throughout the United States.